Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"The Crush"

Have you ever seen that movie, "The Crush?"


When I was in college, I went on a date with this


girl, things went well - but when we stopped back at
her apartment, there was some dude down the hall
from the living room. He was her ex-boyfriend/current
roommate.

So, as I sat there, watching "The Crush" in her living room
at 2am, I began to formulate possible scenarios.

1) Begin makeout session with the television glow of "The Crush"

in the background, only to be interrupted by having my head blown
off by jealous ex.

2) Make out with the gorgeous young lady with only the hint of
uncertainty and taint of possibility regarding head-being-blown-off,
plus the awkwardness associated with Cary Elwes/Alicia Silverstone
pixellated visages staring at me in the 2am ether, along with the lurking
roomie.

3) Hatch exit plan despite hormonal objections.


In the end, I took the third option. Though this girl was a knockout,
and pretty damn cool as well, I couldn't shake the thought that this
unstable hillbilly could come crashing through the wall at any moment,
guns ablaze. She had mentioned that he owned guns.

So it was a short drive back to my apartment, a brief kiss, and conversation
here and there in film class throughout the rest of the semester.

Had I risked bodily harm, who knows what would've happened?
Maybe Cupid would've struck. Perhaps Springer.

I think I made the right decision, despite my musings to the
contrary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home